Become A Member Of The Friends Of the Domes
|PLEASE join the Friends of the Domes today. As a Friend of the Domes, you will become part of the team made up of individuals from every walk of life reaping the reward giving back to community truly provides. The personal benefits you will receive as a Friend of the Milwaukee Domes are substantial. By becoming a Friend of The Milwaukee Domes, more than joining the exclusive club of Domers, you will be helping to preserve and protect a Milwaukee horticultural extravaganza as well as an architecturally unique, historic Milwaukee landmark. Simply by joining the Friends of the Milwaukee Domes you are helping to secure those three definitive features of the Milwaukee skyline for generations to come.|
As a Friend of the Milwaukee Domes member, you will receive...
- Free admission to the Conservatory, during normal operating hours, 365 days a year.
- Invitations throughout the year to special gatherings that allow Friends of the Domes to preview new Show Dome exhibits before the public. There are five new exhibits each year - spring, summer, fall, holiday and winter - with entertainment often related to the current show theme.
- Invitations to many special seasonal and holiday affairs .
- Advance notice of special educational activities , speakers and exhibits that provide opportunities for visitors of all ages to learn more about plants and the environment.
- Plant Sales at the Domes.
- A 10% discount on Gift Shop Purchases.
- A quarterly newsletter.
- The satisfaction of supporting this unique and historic Milwaukee landmark!
- Membership in the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Admissions Program - a network of membership gardens throughout the nation which gives members access to other botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories by offering special admission privileges and other benefits. To see and/or print a list of participating facilities click here or visit: www.ahs.org or call toll free 1-800-777-7931.
The Friends of the Domes ("FOD") is a non-profit support group for The Mitchell Park HorticulturalConservatory, also known as "The Domes."
The main purpose of the Friends of the Domes is to promote and support the Conservatory. We directly channel resources that make possible many of the educational, scientific and cultural programs held at this very special and unique community landmark. Our support complements but is separate from the support provided by Milwaukee County.
Friends of the Domes' support includes:
- Funding new plant acquisitions
- Facility enhancement such as building the education center and purchasing lobby furnishings.
- Staffing special Domes-sponsored events.
- Sponsoring special educational programs.
- Purchasing books and equipment.
- Funding education-related expenses for the Conservatory staff.
Leave your mark at The Domes.Purchase an ENGRAVED PAVER which will be incorporated into the permanent path in the Show Dome.